Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Love is Like a Cotton Candy [HSJ One-shot Story]

Love is Like a Cotton Candy [HSJ One-shot Story]

Morimoto Ryutaro X Inoo Kairi

(Requested by: Micah Garcia Pablico)

I remember the first time I saw him. It happened when we were kids, during my brother’s tenth birthday party. Obviously, he was my brother’s friend, even though they have five years gap.

He was very striking, handsome, and dazzling. I don’t know what has gotten in to me, but he’s just different. I think I love him, or maybe not?

This guy I’m talking about is Morimoto Ryutaro.

We are in the same level in high school. He is the popular actor, while I am the unpopular painter. He is someone that girls would drool over, while I was the loner type. Well, you get the picture. The scenario is just like a normal high school setting.

When we were still kids, we always play with each other. My brother, Kei, would always watch over us. Every afternoon was a trip in the park while eating cotton candy.

I thought that love is like a cotton candy. Love is sweet and soft. Well, when I was younger, I didn’t think that love was all about boys. Cotton Candy was my definition of love.

There was a time when I was feeling very sad. I lost my set of crayons. I really loved to draw and do art. I sulked the whole day. Ryutaro asked me what was wrong.

“I lost my box of crayons…”

He sympathized with me.

“Wait for a minute. I’ll buy something.”

Ryutaro ran away. I was left alone in the bench.

I saw him coming back. He was holding something in his hand.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t buy you a new box of crayons, Kairi-chan. I can only afford to buy this cotton candy…”

I looked at the cotton candy. It had a very pretty color. It had a heavenly feeling. I don’t know what happened but it brightened up my mood instantly.

I started to hold the cotton candy. It was very soft. I placed it inside my mouth. It melted and disappeared right away. Even though it disappeared, it left a happy feeling on me. I ate more and placed it inside my mouth. It disappeared…

My point here is love disappears like a Cotton Candy. It can make you happy, but not forever.

As I grew older, the way I felt about Ryutaro changed. Whenever he’s near, I feel shy. I just don’t know what exactly the reason was. Maybe it is the thing they call “Love”?

Love is like a cotton candy,

It’s sweet, yet it disappears.

Love makes you happy,

But time will come that it will fade.


The cotton candy is soft,

But it hardens as time passes.

The heart too, is ready to love,

But time will come that it won’t remember how.

I know that I’m in love with Ryutaro Morimoto.

“Kairi! It’s time for dinner!”

My brother called me. I stopped writing in my diary. I placed it inside my bag and went downstairs.

My brother said, “Tomorrow, I’m going out with Hey Say JUMP. It will be a two-day trip. Do you want to come with me? Ryutaro-kun will be there too!”

I pouted my lips and said, “I never asked! Of course I’ll go! Ayumi will be there.”

Hey Say JUMP is a ten-member idol group, which my brother, Inoo Kei and Ryutaro are members. They are really popular in Japan. Ayumi is Hikaru Yaotome’s sister. She’s my best friend too.

By the way, Ryutaro and I don’t talk as much compared before. As we grew older, our worlds were just so different. He’s busy with the entertainment industry, while I was focused on the arts.

My brother Kei said, “Ah, I know how much you missed Ryutaro-kun! You want to hug him, kiss him…”

My brother was demonstrating the actions. It was so disgusting. He was pouting his lips. He was shaking his booty. He was acting like a girl. His fans should see him acting very gay. I’m sure they would be happy.

“Stop it onii-chan! At the second thought, continue what you’re doing. I’m taking a video of you.”

Onii-chan’s face changed from a happy one to a distressed one. He pleaded me.

“Kairi, I know you’re a very good girl. Please delete that!”

I just laughed at him and said, “Don’t tease me or else, I’ll post this on Youtube! Your fangirls’ noses would bleed! They’ll love you more!”

There was never a quiet dinner for us. Kei onii-chan is a really fun brother. He’d do very random things during very random moments.

After eating our dinner, I went back to my room. I was thinking of what may happen tomorrow. I will hang out with Ryutaro again. My emotions are actually mixed right now. I was feeling excited, scared, happy, and nervous at the same time. How complicated could human beings get?

Finally, I decided to sleep.

```

Morning came. It’s the DAY.

Our mother packed us bentos. My mother prepared a lot, enough for all of us to share. My brother would be the one to drive. Actually, I don’t trust him fully. He got his liscence two months ago.

“Onii-chan, I’m going to ride the train instead. I’m scared of your driving!”

My brother said, “Eh? Don’t you trust me Kairi? My fellow members don’t trust my driving either… I’m such a pitiable human being…”

He was putting the puppy dog look with the beautiful eyes scene. I on the other hand, had no choice, but to ride with him. He’s so helpless, I know.

Our trip for today is in the hot springs. The Yamada Family owns it. It was exclusive just for us today.

The hot spring resort is located on the uptown. My brother had a hard time getting up the high places.

As we were driving, there was a cow blocking our way. I humorously told onii-chan, “How lucky we are today. A cow is blocking our way!”

“Don’t worry Kairi! I’ll get it out of the way!”

My onii-chan went out of the car. Suddenly he screamed in pure disgust.

“AAAH! I stepped on cow droppings!”

How unlucky this day is. The cow just left and we were free to go. One bad thing just happened. My brother stepped on cow’s droppings. It smelled very revolting.

We opened the car windows to lessen the bad smell. Honestly, I covered my nose during the entire trip.

Finally, we arrived. My brother asked for spare shoes. The rest of the members were laughing at him non-stop. Yuto laughed at him and said, “You would drive away all you fans with that smell!”

Hikaru was on the floor, laughing hardly. Takaki said, “Inoo, you’ve been very careless! Of all the things, it was cow droppings? I feel sorry for Kairi-chan who endured with that smell for the whole time!”

I looked around. Ryutaro was there. He was busy playing his PSP. I can’t see Ayumi around. I asked his brother about it.

“Hikaru onii-chan, where is Ayumi?”

Hikaru replied, “She had a sudden fever this morning, and she can’t go.”

OH MY GOSH. I’m completely doomed. I’m the only girl among these ten boys!

Suddenly, a pretty woman approached us. Good thing Yamada-kun’s mom will be staying with us!

The JUMP members decided to do their own things. I, on the other hand, went under a beautiful tree and write on my journal.

--

I didn’t notice the time. I was called out for dinner.

It was a very delicious meal. Yamada-kun’s mom is a very good cook. Ryutaro was missing though. Chinen-kun was sent out to find him.

After a few minutes, they arrived. Looking at Ryutaro was really awkward. I don’t know what the exact reason was.

I didn’t talk to him since morning. He was busy doing his own thing. Besides, I don’t think he’s interested in me.

After dinner, we played games, but I still feel lonely. I want to tell Ryutaro how I feel. It’s just that, everything changed. I wish I could turn back the time. I wish I was still close to him. I wish he was the same nice person I knew before. Right now, he’s just too cold and emotionless. He barely laughs or smiles.

After the games, I decided to go to my room and rest. I looked into my bag. My journal was gone!

I immediately ran going back to the tree. Good thing I found it right away! Well, it was actually very easy because it was entirely white leather.

I went back to my room. My journal is where my heart is. I mostly write about Ryutaro. It’s really shameful, but my feeling for him is complicated.

I decided to listen to my Ipod first. I had such a good time and I did it for almost an hour.

When it was almost midnight, I decided to write in my journal.

Much to my surprise, it wasn’t my writing on it. Instead of the tiny neat writings, it was replaced with messy and big letters.

I read what was written on it.

```

I saw Kairi-chan today. She was so beautiful, as what she always is. It’s been a while since we talked. I wonder why she avoids me. Have I done something wrong against her?

Well, I better not approach her. Maybe she will be bothered of my presence.

I always see her paintings. They are so amazing. Kairi-chan never fails to amaze me, even until now.

I want to let her know how much I love her, but I’m not yet ready. Maybe, Kairi-chan likes another guy. I must not confuse her feelings any further. I must not be very selfish.

Still, my heart is still madly beating because of her.

I miss our younger years. We always play in the park and I give her cotton candy. She really liked it. I was proud of myself for making her happy.

I’m certain about it. She is the person I love the most. I can’t afford to see her sad and hurt.

```

Tears couldn’t stop falling out of my eyes. I knew the owner of this journal. It’s not mine. It was Ryutaro’s.

I didn’t know he was thinking like that. I’m not mad at him. I just felt awkward and unpopular for him.

I directly went outside. I looked for Ryutaro. He was at the hallway, holding my journal.

He directly hugged me. I couldn’t stop crying. He whispered, “Kairi, I love you.”

I couldn’t say anything in return. I just hugged him tighter, never letting go of him. He understood that I was feeling the same way too. I said, “Ryutaro, You’re such an idiot.”

He broke the hug and looked at me directly in the eyes. He kissed my forehead and said, “I know.”

Morning came. Of course, JUMP knew what happened. Onii-chan suddenly transformed to his big brother mood and said, “If you ever hurt my sister, I’ll throw you into the cow droppings!”

All of us laughed. Ryutaro held my hand tightly. It’s his way of telling me that he’ll never let me go again. He gave me cotton candy. He said, “You can have as much as you want. If it fades, I’ll supply you with more, to the extent that it will never disappear.”

Indeed, love is like a cotton candy…

Author’s Note:

Yay! I finished it as soon as I expected. XD

I’m finally done with it Micah~ I hope enjoyed the fic~!

What can you say about this story minna? Leave me comments.

I'm still an amateur writer. ^_^

I’m sorry for the grammatical errors!

2 comments:

  1. U R really good i love all your stories hehe !!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Samar: Thank you so much Samar-chan! It means a lot to me. :3

    ReplyDelete