Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How Cosplay Changed my Life

Hi there~

I feel like writing a blog post tonight.
It is about one of the most misunderstood hobbies. It's all about cosplay.

Cosplaying, according to other people, is a waste of time and money. Even my parents think the same. I, on the other hand, continue to cosplay because I really love this craft. I found myself in cosplay.

I started this hobby last  2008 or 2009 (I was in my second year in high school). I was a noob back then, but I really wanted to try out this craft because I love watching anime and wearing costumes. I discovered about cosplay when I was in my first year high school and wanted to try it out, but I have no money for a costume. When I finally persuaded my mother to buy me cloth, I had my first costume made by a seamstress. The costume was Mikan Sakura from Gakuen Alice. I also didn't go to conventions because I have no connections to other cosplayers and updates regarding events. I was "closet-cosplaying" for around three years. :))

Behold, my Sakura Mikan cosplay "noob" pic~ XD

Supposed to be Enma Ai, but so out-of-character. hahaha!

As I continued my journey in cosplay, I learned make-up, doing small props, and the like. Also, as a teenager, I was overweight. My heaviest was 63 kilograms for a 5'2 girl. I was inspired to diet and make my cosplays as accurate as possible. My diet paid off and now I weigh 53 kilograms. :)

 This is me at my fattest during my "teen" years. (I'm still in my -teen years now btw). I have some fat kid pictures, but lets not get into that. hahaha!

I also learned how to save money to be able to acquire costumes and wigs (which are pretty expensive for a student like me). I am not a rich girl. I actually deprive myself from snacks so that I'll be able to save. Not that I hate it, it helped me with my diet actually. :)) 

Cosplaying also gave me the confidence. Having your face exposed to people while wearing costumes is no joke. It takes courage and confidence to be able to pull it off. I can now say na "makapal na ang aking mukha". lol. :)))

My Recent cosplay pics. :)  






Without this hobby, I wouldn't be where I am right now. I can say that it had made me a better person.

I would also like to thank the cosplayers who were the ones who inspires me to cosplay. They're my cosplay idols. (Jin Joson (behindinfinity) and the Tuxedo Team, Kaname, Yuegene Fay, Kaika, Jesuke, Saya (RIP), Reika, Kipi, Zhel Guiral, Ikumi Ces, Jaroukasama, and Archira) You guys may not know me, but I just want to let you know that your cosplays inspires me a lot. I would like to meet you all in person someday.^_^

I don't know until when I'll continue cosplaying, but I am happy right now. I have friends who cosplay with me and we are very happy and fulfilled doing our craft. They're not just my cosplay buddies but some are also my also my best friends :D


 Some of our convention pics~

My recent fashion photoshoot (Just this month).




If you have dreams, try your best to reach it. Don't give up and muster some confidence. Follow your heart. Set high ambitions and goals. I still have many cosplans and I still have to improve :D

No comments:

Post a Comment