Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Playing around with makeup...

For me, make-up is a form of art. It's just like painting or drawing but on the face instead of a canvas or paper.

I really don't know anything about makeup until I reached college. (It's less than a year since I started putting makeup) During my vacation before entering college, I kept on watching make-up tutorials on Youtube, namely those by Bubz Beauty, Michelle Phan, Ekimura, Promise Phan, and many other makeup gurus.

I didn't have any makeup at the beginning. I started to buy an eyeliner and as time passed by, I have a complete set using my own savings to buy them.

I'm perfectly fine by the way I look without makeup. I know I'm not pretty, but I'm contented with my looks. In fact, I don't wear any at school or any normal days. I just wear them when there's a special occasion and during cosplays.

I also wear circle lenses, but not all the time. I love how it changes your look. I'm contented with my eye color, but lenses gives a certain sparkle and difference in your eyes. I also need these things because I am an amateur cosplayer. :DD

-----

Me without makeup and circle lenses. I wear no make-up in here. Super bare face. (Average looking Asian-girl) :D

Here are my pictures with circle lenses and the makeup I've done on myself so far... It goes from very light ones (only eyeliner and lenses) to quite heavy ones (with blush, eyeshadow, or foundation). I don't wear really heavy make-up. Well, it depends on the occasion. I think it's the circle lenses that creates the big difference since I'm "chinita".










Others have negative comments about wearing make-up. They say that natural beauty is better and other blablablahs. Well, I believe everyone is pretty but society has this kind of "standard". Other girls are picked on and they're told that they are ugly (well, I was told that I was ugly too). I know how painful it is to be judged because of your looks... Putting make-up increases the self confidence of these girls and make them feel good about themselves even just for a short while. Well, putting makeup is better than getting a plastic surgery in my opinion.

I also received comments from people asking me, "Why do you wear circle lenses? Aren't you contented with your eyes?"

This is art. People really need to open their minds or what. And I also cosplay so I need those sparkly pairs of lenses.

Also, people ask me why do I wear makeup.

It is also a form of art. If I wear makeup, they don't have any business regarding that matter. I also need it for my cosplays. And, hello? would you like to look pale on formal events? Match your face with your dress. Also, an average-looking girl like me would like to look pretty even just for a while. ;)

And for the girls out there, don't wear it everyday or all the time. It will damage your skin.
Or if you really need to wear it because of some matters, make sure to have a good skin regimen. :)

This is a long post. I'm ending it here. Byee~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment